- How are parasite populations genetically structured within and across host individuals? space? host species?
- How are parasite species structured across their geographic range? How do ecological interactions (host species, biotic dispersal), environmental characteristics, and geography interact to determine that structure?
- Is there selection for increasing pre-zygotic barriers to reproduction between host races?
- How do within-host processes translate into parasite fitness?
- What are the ecological causes and consequences of host-associated genetic differentiation?